Monday, July 9, 2012

Vacation Day Part 1

So vacation started off fast!  And by fast, I mean I was being chased!  Let me back up a little.  We started out on Friday afternoon from Ohio heading for Ormond Beach, Fl (directly north of Daytona Beach).  My wife, our son, and my wife's parents all gathered into our Trailblazer for the trip down. 
On Friday, as we could not check into our hotel at the beach until Saturday, we took our time and enjoyed the drive.  Well, I enjoyed the drive, they slept, which was okay by me as a quiet car, is a happy car!  We managed to make it to Watersboro, South Carolina and decided to stop for the night at the Sleep Inn.  Let me give the Sleep inn some props as the room was nice and clean, the shower was nice, and the breakfast was good (and free!). 

The next morning, I awoke at 5:30 and could not fall back to sleep, thus it was a good chance to go for a run.  Of course it was already 85 degrees outside but I slowly made my way down some random road.  As I made my way back, I got the runner's worst nightmare... loose dogs!  This is where the fast part of the vacation came into effect, as I got over the being scared out of my mind by the barking, I booked it as two big dogs came running my way.  Of course I am NOT fast, but I had fear on my side, and they were not as determined as I thought, and thus after about three house lots, they turned back. 

We got back on the road early and made our way down to Ormond Beach around 2:30 on Saturday.  The room wasn't quite ready, so it was time for us to put on bathing suits and head for the Beach!  Nothing could have made Tyler, our son, happier as he barrelled into the salty waters of the Atlantic.  An afternoon on the Beach is always welcomed after a long drive, but the real enjoyment was about to be had.

We all showered up and headed to our first journey for food.  As it is vacation, Krisi's mom has one stipulation... NO COOKING!  I am perfectly fine with this, as it means great seafood at awesome locations all week long.  The first night it was one of my favorites, The River Grille.  ( http://www.rivergrille.net/ ) The food is awesome, atmosphere is better, as you are sitting on the banks of the Tomoka River and can walk out on their docks and occasionally catch an alligator rummaging around.

After dinner it was back to the hotel for relaxation and bedtime.  A great way to start off the week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great start to your vaca!! I was luckier than you when I went for my run in Louisana. It was hot/humid but no dogs! They always scare the crap out of me when I'm running!!

    ReplyDelete