Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Beach Vacation Part II - The Food!!!

So I must first start off by apologizing as I didn't realize how hard it would be to get to a computer to blog daily.  I tried yesterday, and as I didn't bring my laptop with me and the hotel computer was down, I just couldn't. 

As far as vacation goes, it could not be going any better.  The Beach is beautiful, thus that is where we have been spending the majority of our time the past couple days.  The sun has been hot, mid 90's, but that is just fine and makes the ocean feel even better!  Tyler has really taken to the boogie board, and although he only wants 'the little waves'  he has done pretty well with it!

As far as other 'adventures' while on vacation, I have to give some big props to the restaurants we have been hitting up.  On Sunday night it was off to Parks Seafood Restaurant (http://parkseafood.com/).  The intriguing part about Parks is not that the seafood is out of this world good, although the Gator Tail is pretty good, but the extras that come with the meal.  They start you off with some kind of seafood dip with crackers that is awesome, then out comes a fish soup/chili that is amazing (Krisi and I were glad that her sister doesn't particularly care for it, thus we got her portion as well)!  Another great part about Parks is that the parking lot is not exceptionally huge, which would normally be a bother, but there is actually a park right across the street which is an easy fix for the parking problem.  It also allows for great photo ops, as Tyler found out!


Monday was filled with more beach time and then a decision was made to try out a new location, which is always a 50/50 chance.  The reviews on TripAdvisor were fairly good, thus we decided on Our Deck Down Under in Port Orange.  I was a little weary as we first entered and had to stand in line for about 20 minutes to order our food at the counter.  However, we then went and found our own table which had an excellent breeze out on the deck and a good view of the Halifax River.  The food eventually came out (how they knew where we were sitting I still do not know) and was very good.  The shrimp seemed to be a hit and my grilled mahi was excellent as well.  Even the hush puppies was titled perhaps the best ever had by one member of our crew!


Tuesday, guess what, more beach time.  I don't know if you know me or my family very well, but we pretty much love the water and the sun, so the beach is about as close to perfect as you can get.  This time though the plan was made for our evening Dinner to be at Aunt Catfish on the River (http://www.auntcatfishontheriver.com/) which is actually located just across the Halifax from Our Deck Down Under.   This restaurant is my wife's family favorite.  The best way to go is early for the Early Bird Special (before 5PM on weekdays).  The food is phenomenal, but my favorite is the salad bar and the fixin's bar which is full of corn bread, baked beans, cheese grits, and other goodies.   By far, if you are ever in Daytona or even a 20 mile radius the trip to Aunt Catfish is worth every penny spent, and I guarantee you will not leave without a full tummy!

Last but not least last night, we took a little time to go onto the beach and do a shout out to our family friends the Wilsons and their little girl Kenley.  Kenley, will be having her third heart surgery in the coming weeks, and I ask all of you out there reading this to pray for her.  Her father, Kurt, designed this heart logo when Kenley was first born and asked that we all try to make our own version wherever we are and to pray and think about Kenley.  Thus with my limited artistic ability, and Tyler's good photo taking ability we made sure that Ormond Beach was thinking of Kenley as well.  Here is a link to her story in Carepages.com (http://www.carepages.com/carepages/WilsonFamily), and I encourage you all to read and pray for Kenley in the coming weeks!

Wednesday is going to be an adventure as we will actually be going to Orlando for a trip to the water park, always a good time!  Please check back in a few days for more blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment